RT-AC87U AC2400 dual-band Gigabit Wi-Fi router: faster speeds & longer Wi-Fi range. AiProtection with Parental Controls for enterprise-level security.
· I upgraded my Asus RT AC87U router's firmware after resetting it to default settings from Wed-admin and hard-reset both, to the latest firmware as its today's latest as below: Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r43800 (07/14/20) Time: x: x: x up 13 min, load average: 0.08, 0.07, 0.07 Then I reset from Web-admin, then hard reset, then erased NVRAM by below:
· Welcome to the official website for the Asuswrt-Merlin firmware project, a third party alternative firmware for Asus routers, with a special emphasis on tweaks and fixes rather than radical changes or collecting as many features as possible.
· Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:03 Post subject: RT-AC87U DD-WRT support: From everything that I have seen, the new Asus RT-AC87U is not supported (at least fully) by DD-WRT. Other than one source (below), there is no information stating that this router supports DD-WRT.
Discussion / review of DD-WRT and Merlin Firmware on a RT-AC68U Links to verified firmware . Add a link to firmware if you have tested and has no issues: - Download the latest dd-wrt firmware from Where do I download firmware, asus-rt-ac68u folder. - KONG BUILDS: Link to Kong Builds. Download dd-wrt.v24-K3_AC_ARM_STD.bin. This site suggests to install BrainSlayer first, then Kong. Kong Build ...
The micro version of DD-WRT is the only version for Broadcom routers with 2MB flash. It is stripped-down with only basic features to fit in the limited flash space, and additional software packages are unlikely to fit. Despite these limitations, for existing owners, DD-WRT micro is likely to add additional functionality over OEM firmware.
In the meantime there is the Supported Device List in the DD-WRT wiki that provides you most of these information. But please take care - everybody can edit the information there so we cannot prove that they are correct in every case. DISCLAIMER. This database may not have up-to-date information and may even recommend a build which might cause issues. As such, you should check the device ...
DD-WRT is a Linux based alternative OpenSource firmware suitable for a great variety of WLAN routers and embedded systems. The main emphasis lies on providing the easiest possible handling while at the same time supporting a great number of functionalities within the framework of the respective hardware platform used. » Read More. Recent News. DD-WRT Website Migration Completed June 26, 2018 ...
· Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:57 Post subject: how to upload dd-wrt to AC87U: Hi, Looking for help with finding the right DD-WRT .trx file to upload to my AC87U. I found a link in the forum but back in 2014. I just tried uploading the dd-wrt firmware to my rotuer using- Administration-Firmware Upgrade- New Firmware File.
· Updated: 14-Aug-2020. Stable: RT-AC87U: 384.13_10 RT-AC3200: 384.13_10 RT-AX56U: 384.18 Others: 384.19 Beta: none
There are many ways of going forward, but there is only one way of standing still.